Gardening Jobs: JanuaryWebbs Grounds team have compiled their list of jobs that will need doing in your garden during the month of January...
WEBBS JANUARY GARDENING JOB LIST
January is often the coldest month of the year, but as the days lengthen the garden begins to grow. January is as good a time as any to get into the garden and prepare it for the gardening year ahead
Webbs Grounds team have compiled their list of the top jobs to do in the garden this month:
- Prune your Wisteria, leaving 2-3 buds per stem to retain good structure and to encourage flowering for the coming year.
- Cut back and clear any perennial stems.
- Cut out diseased Hellebore foliage. Do not dispose of foliage into any compost bins.
- Deadhead any winter Pansies to encourage new flowers to grow through in Spring.
- If you have ornamental grasses we recommend cutting them back to the base.
- Prune apple and pear trees. Do this by removing branches that cross, or that look either damaged, diseased or dying.
- Keep feeding and watering birds. It's imperative that we are looking after the birds at this time of year and what better way to encourage wildlife to visit your garden. We have a fantastic range of birdcare products on offer at Webbs with an excellent range available to purchase online in our Birdcare section.
- Inspect stored tubers such as Dahlias, Begonias and Cannas for rotting and drying out.
- Clean your sheds or greenhouses ready for spring.
- Start ordering seeds for the coming year.