Gardening Jobs: SeptemberWebbs Grounds team have compiled their list of jobs that will need doing in your garden during the month of September...
WEBBS SEPTEMBER GARDENING JOB LIST
September is a generally cooler month and days begin to get shorter as we progress into autumn. It is time to begin thinking about next spring by planting spring-flowering bulbs for next year and focusing on fruit and vegetable patches.
Webbs Grounds team have compiled their list of the top jobs to do in the garden this month:
- Buy your spring flowering bulbs early to ensure you get the best varieties available.
- September is a great time to sow or turf new areas of lawn.
- Sections of overgrown perennials can be lifted and divided.
- In September leaves begin to fall from trees, if your a pond owner we recommend introducing a net to keep larger leaves from dropping into the water and making it look untidy.
- Give evergreen hedges a good trim to ensure they still look their best throughout the winter months.
- If you are planning to move trees or shrubs, autumn is the time to do it.
- Make, repair or purchase a compost bin - there will be plenty to put inside it.
- Clean and tidy greenhouses to ensure space for tender plants to keep safe from the first frosts.
- Pick autumn raspberries and plant new strawberry beds.