Guide: Cook the Perfect BBQ SteakHandy hints on how to cook the perfect steak on your BBQ from our Head Butcher, Joe Price.
COOKING THE PERFECT BARBECUED STEAK
With the weather picking up this weekend, we thought it would be the perfect time to catch up with our in-store butcher’s, to give you some handy hints and tips on how to properly cook your steak on your BBQ! Our butcher Joe Price suggests using our Himalayan Dry Aged steak range, in particular our "Himalayan Dry Aged Côte de Boeuf" steak. This thick rib eye steak on the bone is perfect for sharing...
1. Remove the steak from the fridge an hour before cooking or until at room temperature
2. Season your steak liberally, with salt and pepper or if preferred a seasoning of your choice
3. Ensure your BBQ is at a steady high heat
4. Sear the steak for a couple of minutes on each side until you have a nice crust
5. Move the steak to a cooler part of the BBQ, over an indirect heat and cook to your liking
6. Allow to rest for 10/15 minutes before serving
If you are looking for the perfect drink to accompany your steak, see our post about our exclusively brewed Top of the Hops ale.